Table of Content
How to Access XAMPP From Another Computer - XAMPP software was founded by a company called Apache Friends. With the existence of several programming tools such as MySQL, PHP and Perl, it certainly indicates that if you pursue one or all of it means you have to have this software called XAMPP. The purpose of Apache is that in addition to indicating the name of the developer is also a software that presents a web server on your computer like a real web server.
Hello blogger friend, wherever you are. Come back with me in this Blog. Gudio Blog is a simple blog that discusses desktop programming, websites, mobile, blog tips and many others. Well, in this article I will discuss about How to Access XAMPP From Another Computer.
Just Take Me To The Main Topic
Before I give the tutorial, maybe there are some of you who still don't know what Xampp is? and what is the function?
What is XAMPP?This software may not be many people who know it, except people who are involved in the world of computers, especially computer networks. For novice web developers, this application, is an application that must be used, one reason is as a local server and for testing web applications created.
XAMPP stands for Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl while the letter "X" is intended as a software that can be run on four main OSes such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Solaris. This term is often referred to as cross platform (multi OS software).
XAMPP is a developer application software that is used for developing PHP-based websites and also as a local server in making databases with MySql. XAMPP is a software that is easy to use, free and supports installation on Linux and Windows.
What is the function?The XAMPP function itself is a stand-alone server (localhost), which consists of several programs including: Apache HTTP Server, MySQL database and language translators written in the PHP and Perl programming languages. The name XAMPP stands for X (four any operating system), Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl.
This program is available in GNU General Public License and is free, an easy-to-use web server that can serve dynamic web page views with PHP offline because XAMPP has Apache as a local HTTP server. We can also create a database with MySQL as a DBMS using phpMyAdmin.
The advantages of using XAMPP as a web server software are as follows:
- XAMPP runs in the background so it cannot interfere with other activities.
- The service continues to run if the system is logged off, because if it is a server, data traffic settings must still be running. (If you are an admin).
- Can limit the authority of each account that accesses, so security is guaranteed.
Alright, after you know what xampp is and what its function is. Now we continue our discussion about "How to Access XAMPP From Another Computer".
How to ?All you need to know, if you want to access xampp from another computer is what the host name is or you have to know the IP address of the computer that has xampp installed. How to access the xampp server there are 2 ways:
- by using a host
- by using ip
1. The first way is by using Host.
You have to find out what the name of the computer you want to use for access. how to:
- right click on my computer, properties and note computer name.
- suppose you want to access phpmyadmin, then open your browser, then type "host-name / phpmyadmin" (without quotes).
2. The second way is to access using the IP Address of the computer.
First we need to know how many ip's from our computer. the way is easy, by:
- control panel
- network and sharing center
- find access to the computer lan.
- and click detail will show information on ip, dns, gateway etc.
- note the ip from the computer.
Then after you know that you access the ip from your computer, by opening the browser, just type "ip-address / phpmyadmin" (without quotes), not from the server computer, because if it is from a computer server, then it must be.
Either you access using the host name or by using the IP address, if Apache is not configured it will appear forbidden like this:
Then the way:
- go to the xampp installation directory usually in c: \ xampp on the server computer that has xampp installed, don't open it on your computer, bro. if on your computer, you won't find it.
- then open the apache folder
- open the conf folder
- open folder extra
- then look for the file named "httpd-xampp.conf", and open the file with notepad.
- scrool goes down, and adds the line under "Allow from 127.0.0.0/8", and adds ip address computer.
- After completing the settings, then restart the Xampp service or restart the server computer.
Okay, that's "How to Access XAMPP From Another Computer". This is a short article that I made so that you can immediately understand the discussion in this article.
And, sorry if in the words of this article there were many mistakes and errors, because I was still studying English and trying to write using English. So, sorry.
I hope this article can provide a solution for all of you, if one of you has a problem like this title. We meet again at other times and with other interesting articles.